- Understanding the New FAA Rule on Remote Identification
On December 28, 2020, the FAA released 800 pages of new drone regulations spread across two rules. The rules were officially published on January 15, 2021. The first rule requires drones to remotely identify themselves (beginning in September 2023); the second enables operations at night and, in more limited cases, over people (beginning later this year).
- Skydio Named as CES 2021 Best of Innovation
The Skydio X2 has received the CES® 2021 Best of Innovation Award for Drones and Unmanned Systems. The announcement was made ahead of the first-ever, all-digital CES 2021, the world’s most influential technology event, happening Jan. 11–14, 2021.
- Skydio Accelerates Part 107 Drone Businesses Thanks to Autonomy
Skydio is working to bring about “the age of AI-driven autonomy,” where drones are no longer powered by manual operations but are defined by software and AI with native obstacle avoidance. Manually piloted drones are so easily crashed, they require a hefty investment in qualified pilots and visual observers, as well as pilot training to try to lower the risk of pilot error that would lead to loss of equipment, property damage, or worse.
- Skydio CEO Adam Bry Appointed to the FAA Drone Advisory Committee
- Top 10 Tips for Flying Skydio 2 Drones in the Snow
It’s that time of the year and we couldn’t be more excited to get outside and film our local winter wonderland with our trusty Skydio 2. But first, let’s take a moment to set ourselves up for success and fine-tune our skills to make sure we get the most out of every flight. We sat down with #SkydioFeaturedFlyer Ben Birk to jot down his top 10 tips for nailing the shot this winter.
- Skydio adds Arris’s first of its kind Additive Molding composites to the X2 platform
Skydio is partnering with a silicon valley neighbor, Arris Composites, to bring a world’s-first technology to the drone industry. Arris' Additive Molding™ technology is an industry-leading process that allows the manufacture of composite parts that are stronger than titanium with region-specific property optimization while offering the geometry and design flexibility of an injection molded part.
- Announcing Skydio Autonomy Enterprise Foundation for Skydio 2™ and Skydio Academy
Professional drone pilots understand the difficulties of operating manual drones for enterprise applications: the ever-present risk of crashing, having to turn down drone applications that are lucrative but just too risky, and a steep learning curve requiring heavy self-teaching.
- Skydio Announces The Availability of New Enterprise Software For Skydio 2™ and a new Training Program for Certified Skydio Pilots
Skydio, the leading US drone company and world leader in autonomous flight, announced the general availability of Skydio Autonomy Enterprise Foundation (AEF), a broad set of advanced AI-pilot assistance capabilities for enterprise and public sector operators.
- Part 107 Drone Operator Switches from DJI to Skydio and Increases Per-Pilot Revenue 37%
One of the best parts of my job is talking to customers and listening to their stories about the way that Skydio 2 is changing the way they fly and in some cases, the way they fundamentally do business. Today I’m excited to share with you the story of Accurate Drone Solutions.